If you want to see my first blog click here!
If you want to read my blog about me click here!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nita Nanette Timmons

Nita lost her battle with cancer last night, March 29, 2011.  She was 40 years old.

Nita at 40 years old last Summer 2010


Nita Nanette Timmons is my 1st Cousin.  Nita is the daughter of Alzora Nanette Parker and Gordon Brown.  Nita's last name came from a previous marriage of Alzora's.

Nita with her mom, Alzora, about 1970


Nita was a very special person to me.  Nita was like having another sibling.  She was with our family all the time. We were very close growing up.  She was born in September of 1970 in Boise, Ada County, Idaho.

A family picture.  The two babies are Nita and me.  Nita is on the left, we are sitting on Alzora's knees. Taken about 1971.


Nita was full of life and energy.  She was a joy to be around.  She had a big heart and would do anything for you no matter the inconvenience.  Nita always spoke her mind.  I could go on and on about all of the things I loved about Nita. 

Gotta love that smile!!

Nita with cousin Lisa Lung and Uncle Joe Lung

Nita surrounded by my family


Nita married her high school sweetheart, Shane Jackson, the Summer preceding our Senior year.  I walked her down the aisle.  A couple years later Nita gave birth to her only son, Mathew Jackson.  Mathew was Nita's world from then on.

Nita with her 80's shoulder pads


Nita was diagnosed with breast cancer about 7 years ago.  We all thought she had beat the cancer and then 4 years ago it came back with a vengeance taking over her body.  Nita had her lows and highs but was always positive on the outside.  You could call and talk to Nita and you would never know how sick she was - she sounded like the same old Nita from 20 years ago.  She did not like to be 'boobin' as she put it.  Crying was something she did not like to do - that was a private thing for her.  I always tried to make her laugh and forget about what she was going through when we talked. 

Such a sweet smile

Another pretty picture


There were some happy times in the last few years. Nita was able to come out and see me in Minnesota in 2009.  We were able to get the family together in the Summer of 2010 and celebrated her 40th birthday.  I think that touched Nita.  She was not expecting that birthday cake!  She did not like to be felt sorry for.

Nita and me in Minnesota


Summer 2010 - The Three Amigos - Lisa Lung, Steven Gunter and Nita Timmons


You could count on Nita to say what was on her mind.  She never waivered from honesty.  My daughters downloaded a song a few backs and it reminds a bit of Nita.  I have posted the song below.  Even though the title of song, Big Mouth, seems a bit negative, I don't see it that way.  Nita was passionate and just said what she thought.  Her Big Mouth - was a good thing.





Nita will always hold a special place in my heart.  I will miss her greatly.  She was a very special person.  I am very glad that her suffering is finally over and she can finally rest.



5 comments:

  1. Steven - I'm sorry for your loss. Your tribute to Nita on your blog was very touching.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss. You've written a wonderful tribute to Nita. Thank you for sharing it (and her) with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy and Amy - thank you both for your kind words. Nita was a special person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about Nita and her battle. She was a friend to me and I spent alot of time with Nita and Alzora. She was a special person. This is a wonderful tribute and very touching. She is in a better place now with no more pain. Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew Nita 30 years ago during our 8th grade year at Hillside Junior High School. We were classmates in several of Joel Weinberg's special ed. classes there. She was a truly beautiful and sweet young lady! I also remember her in the choir and sports teams in the yearbook. I am truly shocked and saddened to learn of Nita's passing just now. May she be at peace in the Lord's hands. RIP dear Nita. :'(

    ReplyDelete