If you want to see my first blog click here!
If you want to read my blog about me click here!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

William Lottie Parker

William Lottie Parker is the brother of my Great Grandfather, James Madison Parker.

William was born 27 August 1874 on McKinney Moutain, Madison County, Alabama.  He was the 3rd child  born to George Washington Parker and Sarah Elizabeth Cloud.  I have seen some online trees list William's middle name as Loton.  He is referred to as Lottie in the obiturary for his brother, James Madison Parker.  Most of the census's have him just listed by his first name of William.

William is found in the 1880 Census in Madison County living with his parents and siblings.  We next find William in the 1990 Census living in Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama.  He is living with his widowed mother, Sarah, and five other siblings.  His profession is listed as a weaver in a cotton mill.

1910 is an odd census for William because he is found in two locations.  The first location he is found in Richwoods, Lonoke County, Arkansas living with his brother, George.  His profession is listed as a farm laborer.  Also in 1910 he is found in Blackfoot, ID living with widowed mother and four siblings.

William marries Mary (Mollie) Talley back in Madison County, Alabama in 1919.  Mollie is the daughter of James Talley and Sarah (last name unknown).  I cannot find where I got the 1919 date from.  But, by 1920 William is living with his wife in Madison Crossroads, Madison County, Alabama.  His occupation is listed as farmer. Living next door is Mollie's father, James Talley, with two of her brothers.  It is unknown why William went back to Alabama as the rest of the children all remained in the West.  One thing that might have led to that was the death of his mother, Sarah, in 1919.  She passed away in June of that year in Idaho.

In 1930 William and Mollie are living with James Talley.  William is still a farmer in Madison Crossroads.  They are both in thier fifties by this time.  Is appears there were no children born to William and Mollie.

William passes away 11 September 1952 in Madison Crossroads.  The death record can be found on Ancestry.com in the Alabama Deaths, 1908-59.  Mollie lives another 6 years and passes away in 1958. They are both buried in the Madison Crossroads Cemetery.  Thier joint headstone is pictured below.


1 comment:

  1. I'd love to send you a picture of Glenn Carlton Talley and his wife Geneva Hill Talley. Geneva and my mom were sisters. I spent every other weekend with them growing up. They were such a fun loving couple that loved to travel. Glenn was the son of Oliver Talley and his wife Marvin Martha. I think I have pictures o Oliver and Marvin also. E-mail me and I'ss see if I can attach them. Lindah3159@aol.com

    ReplyDelete