Ann M Mann is my 3rd Great Grand Aunt. Her sister, Louisa Marie Mann, is my 3rd Great Grandmother.
Ann was born about 1836 in Tennessee. She is the daughter of William Mann and Lucinda McKinney.
The first record found for Ann Mann is presumably the 1840 Federal Census. This census did not list the names of children so we can assume she is one of the female children listed under William Mann. They are living in Madison County, Alabama.
The next record is the 1850 Federal Census. This record indicates that Ann has attended school within that year. The family is again found living in Madison County, Alabama. A marriage record for Ann can be found on the Madison County website, http://madisoncountyal.gov/mcrc/index.shtml . I don't have a copy of the record but it appears one could order a copy here. She is married 6 August 1855 in Madison County, Alabama to William Gibson.
The next federal census of 1860 finds Ann and her new husband, William, living next door to her parents. Her husband's profession is a fisherman. He could have been fishing at the Madison County Lake which is over 100 acres big. There are also a few rivers in the area. They have two young daughters in 1860; Frances and Martha.
The 1870 Federal Census finds the family in the same location. William is still a fisherman by trade. The family has grown; there are three additional children. They are Preston, Margaret and Mary. They are surrounded by family living next door to some McKinney cousins and William's brother, James.
Only one more record is found for Ann. That is the 1880 Federal Census. The family has turned from fishing to farming at this time yet still reside in the same general area of Madison County, Alabama. Three more children are born to Ann and William; Sarah, J.W. and A.L.
It is not known when Ann passed away or where she is buried.
The following children were born to Ann M Mann and William Gibson:
1. Frances Gibson - born July 1857 in Madison County, Alabama. Died 17 July 1939 in Brownsboro, Madison County, Alabama. Married James Tabor.
2. Martha Gibson - born March 1859 in Madison County, Alabama. Died after 1930. Marriage unknown.
3. Preston Samuels Gibson - born about 1861 in Madison County, Alabama. Died after 1880. Married Elizabeth Chesterson.
4. Margaret Matilda Gibson - born August 1863 in Madison County, Alabama. Died 22 October 1933 in Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama. Married Benjamin Franklin Quinn.
5. Mary "Mollie" Gibson - born May 1864 in Madison County, Alabama. Died 15 September 1942 in Tuscaloosa, Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. Married (1st) George Vann. Married (2nd) L.A.B. Moss.
6. Sarah Gibson - born about 1872 in Madison County, Alabama. Death unknown. Marriage Unknown.
7. John W Gibson - born June 1874 in Madison County, Alabama. Died after 1910. Marriage Unknown.
8. Annie Lee Gibson - born April 1877 in Madison County, Alabama. Died 4 September 1953 in Gadsden, Etowah County, Alabama. Married Lemuel Turner Corum.