Anna is the 9th born child to Stephen Balderston and the 4th child of his second wife, Mary Brenn.
Anna was born 14 July 1869 in Magnolia, Putnam County, Illinois. The first record found for Anna is the 1870 Federal Census. She is living with parents, Stephen and Mary, along with one older brother, Joseph. Stephen's profession is listed as laborer and the value of his assets is $200.
The next record, the 1880 Federal Census, finds the family in Greenbush Township, Warren County, Illinois. Anna is noted as attending school. Her father's profession is now a carpenter.
Anna married James Abner Jennings in 1892. This is taken from the 1900 Federal Census. This census finds Anna with husband Abner and five children. It notes that she is the mother of 5 children and all are still living. They are living in Prairie City Township, McDonough County, Illinois. Abner is a day laborer. They are renting their home. Abner's parents are living on the following page of census, they are family number 64, where as Abner's is 54.
The family has moved again by 1920 but by this time they are now homeowners. They are now living in Macomb City Township, McDonough County, Illinois. Abner is still farming.
Abner and Anna are finally empty nesters in the 1930 Federal Census. They are still residing in Macomb City Township, McDonough County, Illinois. Abner is still farming. He is renting his home now.
Anna Maria Balderston Jennings passes away on 21 May 1947, she would have been 77 years old. She is buried in the Oakwood Cemetery in Macomb, McDonough County, Illinois. Headstone picture below.
Anna and Abner had the following children:
1. Walter Jennings - born 11 April 1892 in Warren County, Illinois. Died 29 April 1971 in San Diego, San Diego County, Illinois. Married Callie, last name unknown.
2. Earl Harold Jennings - born 28 November 1894 in Avon, Warren County, Illinois. Died 2 June 1980 in Augusta, Hancock County, Illinois. Married Lura Edna Waller.
3. Blanche Jennings - born August 1896 in Illinois. Died 1966 in McDonough County, Illinois. Married Samuel Hendrickson.
4. Elmer Francis Jennings - born 22 October 1898 in Illinois. Died July 1980 in Peoria, Peoria County, Illinois. Marriage unknown.
5. Chester Jennings - born 14 February 1900 in Prairie City Township, McDonough County, Illinois. Died May 1981 in Macomb, McDonough County, Illinois. Married Lucy Bell Strickland.
6. Ruby Elvina Jennings - born 4 July 1902 in Prairie City Township, McDonough County, Illinois. Died 18 January 2007 in Macomb, McDonough County, Illinois. Married George W Killingsworth.