If you want to see my first blog click here!
If you want to read my blog about me click here!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sarah J, Lucly and Edy C Mann

Sarah, Lucly, William and Edy are all children of William Mann and Lucinda McKinney.

Not much is known about any of them.  I will recap what little is known below.

Sarah J Mann

Sarah was born about 1833 according to the only record found for her, the 1850 Federal Census.  We find her still living at home in this census.  The census indicates that she was born in Tennessee.  Looking in the old marriage records for Madison County, Alabama (where she was living in 1850) there are two Sarah Manns found.  One was married in 1825 and the other in 1886.  I assume that neither of these are her.

Lucly Mann

The 1850 Federal Census record is also the only record where find the sister of Sarah.  I am not really sure what her name is so I will paste it here and you can take a look for yourself.  The record indicates the she was born in Alabama around 1840.  I assume if may be some variation of her mother's name, Lucinda.  It looks like it may end in 'sy'.  What do you think?


I have wondered if this child is still found living with her parents in the 1860 Federal Census.  There is a Linda found living with them in 1860..see below.  She would be the last adult listed with the surname of Cannard, along with a child Nettie.  I think it may be possible that this is her.






Edy C Mann

Edy is only found in the 1850 census.  Since Edy was only a year old in 1850 and then not found in the 1860 census she most likely passed away prior to 1860.

No comments:

Post a Comment